WazirX is a cryptocurrency exchange platform known for its low flat rate takers and makers fee of 0.2% and is popular among Indian crypto investors. The platform offers a wide selection of cryptocurrencies and altcoins, including its own token WRX Coin and fiat currencies.
How does WazirX tax reporting work?
Are you struggling to find your WazirX tax report from the platform? WazirX doesn’t offer any tax document to help you file your crypto income taxes. Fortunately, the Accointing’s WazirX tax calculator and the portfolio tracker will help you evaluate your trading history. You can also calculate your WazirX taxes and create a tax report as per your country’s preferred format.
To achieve this, simply connect your WazirX account to Accointing then import transaction history. Here are a few ways to do that:
- API – Enable auto-sync in your WazirX account and allow Accointing to connect automatically.
- CSV – Export WazirX transaction and trade history and import into Accointing.
- Accointing template - Download and fill out our simple template, then upload it into Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the WazirX API
Integrating your WazirX account with Accointing is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to achieve it:
- Login to your WazirX account.
- In the top right corner under the Account Settings, click on API Key Manager.
- Click the Create New Key button.
- Set the API key name as Accointing.
- Complete the 2F authentication.
- Copy the API key and secret key and keep them safe as they’re displayed only once.
- Under the Permissions, turn on the read-only toggle button.
- Sign in to your Accointing account.
- Under the Wallets menu, click on Add wallet.
- Search for WazirX in the search input and click it from the list.
- Select the Automatic option and click the Continue button.
- Enter the wallet name as WazirX.
- Paste the API key and secret key in their respective fields.
- Select ‘All’ from the ‘Import from’ dropdown.
- Click Save to complete the API integration.
API supported features:
API unsupported features:
- Referral program bonuses.
Integrate with Accointing via the WazirX CSV/XLSX file
If you don’t want to link your WazirX account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple step to go about it.
Downloading CSV files from WazirX
Sign in to your WazirX account.
- In the top right corner, click the profile icon then click Account Settings.
- In the left navigation menu, click Download Trading Report.
- On the right-hand side choose the timeframe for the reports required.
- Click the Request Trading Report. WazirX will send the report to your email.
- Go to your email inbox and download the CSV file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Sign in to your Accointing account.
- Click on Add wallet under the Wallet menu.
- Search WazirX in the search input and click it from the list.
- Select the Automatic option and click Continue.
- Specify the wallet name as WazirX.
- Browse the downloaded CSV file and select it ready for import.
- Select ‘All’ from the ‘import from’ dropdown.
- Click the Save button to finalize the import.
How to review and track your WazirX transactions in Accointing
- After connecting WazirX and importing your transactions, go to the Accointing dashboard to view a summary of your portfolio.
- Set the desired date range and start analyzing your WazirX transactions, gains, and losses.
- Click the different crypto assets to view and evaluate your buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at a go to compare the assets' performance for specified dates.
- You’re all set. Track your WazirX trading portfolio, distribution, and spread. Find out whether an asset is stored in an exchange or a wallet.
Common issues with importing transactions from WazirX
It’s not clear whether the WazirX API syncs all trades, deposits, and withdrawals. After integrating with the platform, you may notice that sync activity doesn’t occur. This challenge can be overcome by contacting the WazirX support team directly.
The support may take longer to respond. Hence the other alternative is to use the CSV file import option. The file is sent to your email upon request.