KuCoin is a full-featured spot trading platform for many digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Whether you're into buying, selling, or trading cryptocurrencies, KuCoin is a great option for your crypto investments. The platform uses 2F authentication and standard encryption to make it more secure.
How does KuCoin tax reporting work?
KuCoin is an excellent crypto exchange platform but falls short when it comes to generating tax reports. If you need to calculate your KuCoin taxes, then look no further. Accointing offers a free portfolio tracker and KuCoin tax calculator that helps you keep track of your crypto trades. You can easily generate your tax report according to your country's required format.
To do this, you’ll have to integrate KuCoin with Accointing and import your transactions history data. Here are the various ways to achieve that:
- API – Allow Accointing automatic connection to your KuCoin account and auto-sync data.
- CSV – Export KuCoin transaction history to a CSV file and import it into Accointing.
- Accointing template - Download and fill out our simple template then upload the data.
Integrate with Accointing via the KuCoin API
KuCoin integrates seamlessly with Accointing through the KuCoin API to make your crypto tax reporting much easier. Once linked, Accointing will be your one-stop KuCoin tax reporting tool. Follow these steps to connect KuCoin with Accointing via the API:
- Login to your KuCoin account.
- At the top right corner, locate the dropdown below your account and choose API management.
- Click on Create API then specify the name of API as Accointing.
- Create a passphrase in the API passphrase box.
- Within API restrictions, choose General to grant Accointing read-only access.
- Choose No under the IP restriction.
- Verify your 2F authentication. If not enabled, first enable it to proceed. You’ll also need to key in your trading password to complete the authentication.
- Copy the displayed API key and secret key and keep them safe.
- Login to your Accointing account.
- Hover over the Wallets menu and choose Add wallet.
- Search for KuCoin and select it from the list.
- Select the recommended Automatic option then click Continue.
- Key in KuCoin as your wallet name.
- Copy and paste the earlier copied API key and secret key.
- Select All from the dropdown to import all your transaction data. Alternatively, specify a date from which to import the data.
- Click "Save" to complete the integration.
API supported features:
- Trades and fees.
API unsupported features:
Integrate with Accointing via the KuCoin CSV/XLSX file
If you don’t want to link your KuCoin account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple guide to go about it.
Downloading CSV files from KuCoin
- Login to your KuCoin profile.
- At the top right corner, select Orders. Then choose the transaction type data you want to export. You’ll have to download several CSV files for different transactions such as trades, deposits, margin trades, withdrawals, etc.
- Specify the start and end dates.
- Click on Export to start downloading the CSV file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Proceed to your Accointing account and log in.
- Hover over the Wallets menu and click on Add wallet.
- Key in KuCoin in the search input and select it from the list.
- Click on File import and click the Continue button.
- Specify your wallet name as KuCoin and choose the downloaded CSV files.
- Choose All from the “Import from” dropdown.
- Click Save to initiate the import process.
How to review and track your KuCoin transactions in Accointing
- Go to your Accointing dashboard once done importing KuCoin transactions and view a summary of your portfolio.
- Choose a preferred period to start analyzing your performance history, gains, and other relevant KuCoin insights.
- Click the different crypto assets to view and analyze your buy and sell transactions. Select multiple assets at once to compare performance for specified dates.
- Monitor your distribution, spread, and KuCoin investment portfolio in real-time. Trace the location of each asset, whether keep in an exchange or wallet.
Common issues with importing transactions from KuCoin
KuCoin separates all transactions into CSV files hence you’ll have to download many files, including trades, withdrawals, deposits, margin trades, etc. the process is even more tedious if you have a rich crypto asset portfolio. Instead, you can request KuCoin’s customer support to send you a complete CSV file of all transactions.