Scroll Down for Gate.io Integration Video Tutorial ⏬
Gate.io is among the top altcoin multi-cryptocurrency trading platforms. It offers 180 plus cryptocurrencies and 400 markets, making it one of the most comprehensive platforms in the ecosystem. It offers tools such as margin trading, liquidity mining, and 50/50 split orders that allow maximizing gains.
How does Gate.io tax reporting work?
If you want to find out how much tax you owe on your Gate.io transactions, then Accointing can help. Accointing’s Gate.io tax calculator and portfolio tracker will analyze your transaction and trades history and calculate your taxes. It will also generate a report in the format required by your country's tax authorities.
To use Accointing for this, you will need to connect your account and import your Gate.io transaction and trade history. This can be done in a few different ways:
- API – Allow Accointing automatic access to and sync with Gate.io.
- CSV – export the trades and transactions history from Gate.io into Accointing.
- Accointing template - download and fill our simple template then upload it into Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the Gate.io API
Connecting your Gate.io account with Accointing via API is easy. Here are the steps to follow to achieve this:
- Sign in to Gate.io
- In the top right corner, click your profile icon.
- Choose API management from the dropdown.
- Choose APIv4 keys and click on Create new API key.
- Check the wallet and spot/margin trade checkboxes under Permissions.
- Choose read-only for each.
- Click confirm and then create.
- Enter your Gate.io fund password.
- Proceed to complete the 2F authentication.
- Copy the displayed API key and secret key. Keep the safe because Gate.io won't show them again.
- Log in to your Accointing profile.
- Hover over the Wallets menu and choose Add wallet.
- Search for Gate.io in the search input and click it from the list.
- Click on the first Automatic option, and click Continue.
- Specify Gate.io as the wallet name.
- Copy and paste the API key and secret key.
- Choose All from the Import From dropdown or specify the date range if applicable.
- Click Save to complete the integration.
API supported features:
- Spot trades.
API unsupported features:
- Airdrops and hard forks.
- Dust sweep.
- Margin trades
Integrate with Accointing via the Gate.io CSV/XLSX file
If you don’t want to link your Gate.io account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple guide to go about it.
Downloading CSV files from Gate.io
- Sign in to your Gate.io account.
- Locate your Gate.io PurseLog file.
- Expand the Billing Details menu and select All Bills.
- Select All under the coin and filter dropdowns.
- In the timestamp inputs, set the date range desired and click the Filter button.
- Click the download button at the top to download the CSV file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Login to Accointing
- Hover over Wallets’ menu to select Add wallet.
- Search for Gate.io in the search input and select it from the list.
- Select the File import option and click Continue.
- Specify Gate.io as the wallet name.
- Select the CSV file for import.
- Choose ‘All’ from the ‘Import From’ dropdown.
- Click Save to start the import.
How to review and track your Gate.io transactions in Accointing
- Once done importing your Gate.io transactions, go to the Accointing dashboard to view your portfolio summary.
- Choose the appropriate date range to analyze your Gate.io performance history, profits, and losses.
- Click the different crypto assets to view and analyze your buy and sell dates. You can also pick multiple assets concurrently to compare performance for selected dates.
- You’re all set to start tracking your Gate.io investments portfolio, distribution, and spread. Learn where each asset in your portfolio is stored, whether in a wallet or exchange.
Common issues with importing transactions from Gate.io
Gate.io API does not sync data such as lockup, staking, airdrops, hard forks, dust sweep, and margin trades. As such, you may notice some omissions in your synced data. If that is the case for you, remove the API integration and start importing data through CSV.
Also when downloading your CSV file, Gate.io restricts each file to only 1,000 trades. If your trades are more than this limit, you can request the Gate.io support team for a full transaction history file.