FreiExchange is a renowned crypto exchange platform built by Norwegians purposely for altcoin trading, mainly the Freicoin. The platform has a moderate trading volume with 31 crypto assets support. It also uses a dynamic approach to calculating the withdrawal fees.
How does FreiExchange tax reporting work?
There's no way to get a FreiExchange tax report directly from the platform. But you can use Accointing's FreiExchange calculator and portfolio tracker to evaluate your trading history and calculate your FreiExchange taxes. You can also create a tax report following your country's format requirements.
To do this, you need to integrate your FreiExchange account to Accointing and import your transaction history data. Here are ways to achieve that:
- API – Give Accointing automatic access and synchronization to your FreiExchange account.
- CSV - export your FreiExchange transaction history and import it into Accointing
- Accointing template - download and fill our template, then upload your data into Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the FreiExchange API
Currently, FreiExchange doesn’t provide an API integration to support tax reporting. Users have to manually copy the transaction history from the platform’s web UI and compile a CSV file for import into Accointing.
API supported features:
API unsupported features:
Integrate with Accointing via the FreiExchange CSV/XLSX file
Downloading CSV files from FreiExchange
If you don’t want to link your Freiexchange account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple step to go about it.
- Login to your FreiExchange account.
- In the top right corner, click the Account menu item.
- Enable the 2F authentication if it is not yet enabled.
- Select the transaction history data shown, and copy and paste it into a CSV file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Login to your Accointing account.
- Under the ‘Wallet menu’, click on ‘Add wallet.’
- Type FreiExchange in the search input and select it from the list.
- Select the ‘File import’ option and click ‘Continue.’
- Specify the wallet name as FreiExchange.
- Browse the CSV file location and select it for import.
- Select ‘All’ from the ‘Import from’ dropdown.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to start the import.
How to review and track your FreiExchange transactions in Accointing
- Once done with the FreiExchange integration and transactions import, go to your Accointing dashboard to view a summary of your portfolio.
- Set the desired date range and start analyzing your FreiExchange transactions, gains, and losses.
- Select the different crypto assets to view and evaluate your buy and sell dates. You can also choose multiple assets at one go to compare their performance for specified dates.
- You’re ready to track your investment portfolio, spread, and distribution. You’ll also be able to know whether an asset is stored in an exchange or a wallet.
Common issues with importing transactions from FreiExchange
FreiExchange doesn’t offer a way to download a CSV file of all transactions. Users have to carefully copy them from the web UI and create a CSV file on their own.
FreiExchange CSV file doesn’t include trades, withdrawals, and deposits from past years. the platform only produces the current year's transactions. If your trades from the past years are missing, contact the FreiExchange support team and request a complete CSV file of your trades and transaction history. don’t forget to mention the year range, otherwise, they may send the same data as you had before.