Scroll Down for Crypto.com Integration Video Tutorial ⏬
Crypto.com ranks among the best exchange platforms in the world, boasting more than 250 digital currencies with a following of over 10 million in 90 countries. It’s ideal for investors looking to trade with crypto rather than just buy and hold.
How does Crypto.com tax reporting work?
Are you looking for a less demanding and tedious way of creating your Crypto.com tax report? Unfortunately, Crypto.com doesn’t provide a direct way of generating tax reports. Gladly, Accointing’s Crypto.com tax calculator and portfolio tracker can help you with that. In minutes, you can analyze your transactions, calculate Crypto.com taxes and create a report as per your country’s format requirements.
To get started, integrate your Crypto.com account with Accointing, then import your transactions and trade history. You can achieve that in the following ways:
- API – grant Accointing automatic access and sync to your Crypto.com account.
- CSV – export your Crypto.com transactions and trades history data then import into Accointing.
- Accointing template – fill out our simple template then upload it into Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the Crypto.com API
Connecting your Crypto.com account with Accointing via API is easy. Here are the steps to follow to achieve this:
- Login to your Crypto.com account.
- On the top right corner, click the profile icon and choose “Profile.”
- On the left side menu, click on API Keys then specify the API name as Accointing.
- Proceed with the 2F authentication by entering the verification code.
- Click Save to finalize creating API. Crypto.com will automatically set the permission to read-only.
- Copy both the API Key and Secret Key and store them safely for later use. Note that they’re shown only once hence the need to secure them.
- Now go ahead and log in to your Accointing profile.
- Hover over the Wallets menu and click on Add wallet.
- On the search input, type Crypto.com and select the wallet option from the dropdown.
- Choose the recommended Automatic option then click Continue.
- Enter the wallet name as Crypto.com
- Copy and paste the API key and the Secret key into their respective fields.
- Select All from the ‘Import from’ dropdown, otherwise, specify the start date.
- Click the Save button to initiate the integration.
API supported features:
- Spot trades – classic and advanced.
- P2P trades.
- Spot transfers.
- Fiat trades and transfers.
- Margin trades
API unsupported features:
- Referral program commissions.
- Leveraged tokens – subscription and redemptions.
Integrate with Accointing via the Crypto.com CSV/XLSX file
If you're using the Crypto.com app, the CSV file method is the best to use. Also, the API option only allows data from the past six months, hence CSV option is most ideal.
Downloading CSV files from Crypto.com
- Login to your Crypto.com account and choose Wallets from the top right corner.
- Choose Spot Wallet from the dropdown menu.
- Then click on Transaction history from the left side menu.
- Click on Export history from the top right corner.
- Specify the date range and ensure all checkboxes are checked.
- Click on Export to CSV.
- Allow a few seconds for the data to be ready, then click Download.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Now, login to Accointing then hover over Wallets’ menu to select Add wallet.
- Search for Crypto.com then select the Crypto.com wallet from the list.
- Click the File import option and click Continue.
- Enter the wallet name as Crypto.com.
- Browse the CSV file location and choose it to import.
- Select “All” from the Import from option. Alternatively, specify the date to match your CSV file’s start and end dates.
- Click the Save button to begin the import.
How to review and track your Crypto.com transactions in Accointing
- Once done importing your Crypto.com transaction history data, go to your Accointing dashboard and view the summary of your portfolio.
- Choose the applicable dates to start analyzing your Crypto.com performance history, losses, and profits.
- Click the different crypto assets to view and analyze the buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at one go to compare the performance for the chosen dates.
- You’re all set to start tracking your Crypto.com portfolio, distribution, and spread. You can also learn where each crypto asset is stored, whether in a wallet or exchange.
Common issues with importing transactions from Crypto.com
Crypto.com transaction data import through CSV is supported for up to six months only. Therefore, users with a very active trading profile are required to download and import several files.
Another challenge is that you may encounter the “invalid CSV format” message during import. That’s because Crypto.com tends to change the format frequently. Some of the columns get renamed, new ones added, and some deleted.
A workaround for these challenges is to request the customer support team to send you complete transaction history, though this might take up to two days to get the file.