Bitvavo is a fully-regulated crypto exchange platform based in the Netherlands. It was launched in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest exchanges in Europe, offering a user-friendly interface and low trading fees. Bitvavo provides a range of features such as API keys, staking, and a mobile app for convenient access to the platform.
How does Bitvavo tax reporting work?
Like most crypto exchanges, Bitvavo doesn't provide much support for managing your taxes. There is no way to get a tax report directly from within Bitvavo’s platform. Accointing’s crypto tax tool makes it easy to do your taxes by integrating with Bitvavo.
You can use Accointing's portfolio tracker and tax calculator to analyze your trading data and generate tax reports for your country's required format. To get started, you can either:
- Automatically connect your Bitvavo account to Accointing using API
- Fill out Accointing’s simple template with your Bitvavo account data and upload it into Accointing
Integrate with Accointing via the Bitvavo API
To import your Bitvavo transaction data into the Accointing platform using API, please follow these steps:
- First, log in to your Bitvavo account.
- Next, click on your account name at the top right and select "API".
- Click on the "Request new API Key" button. Note that 2FA must be enabled to create an API key.
- Enter a name for the API key and choose the permissions you want to grant. Make sure to select only the View information option.
- Click on "Confirm" to complete the process.
- Copy your Bitvavo API Key and secret codes.
- Now log in to your Accointing account.
- Choose "Add wallet" under “Wallets”
- Type “Bitvavo” to select it from the dropdown menu. Make sure to select the first option, "Automatic", which is Accointing's recommended method for linking with Bitvavo, and then click "Continue".
- Give the wallet a name.
- Enter the API Key and Secret Key that you copied earlier.
- Choose whether you want to import all of your Bitvavo transaction history or only data from a specific time period.
- Click "Save" and you're done! You’ve successfully connected your Bitvavo account to Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the Bitvavo CSV file
Accointing is currently working on the support for the Bitvavo CSV file. This import method will be available in the coming weeks.
How to review and track your Bitvavo transactions in Accointing
- After importing your Bitvavo transactions into Accointing, you can go to the dashboard to access your account summary. From there, you can select start and end dates to analyze your Bitvavo performance history, profits, and losses.
- You can also view a list of your crypto assets and click on each one to analyze the buy and sell dates. With Accointing, you have the ability to choose multiple assets to compare data for a chosen date range.
- Accointing makes it easier to track your Bitvavo investments portfolio, distribution, and spread. Additionally, Accointing provides information about where each of your assets is stored.