Bittrex is a veteran exchange platform offering extensive support for over 300 cryptocurrencies and a fast, secure trading platform. It’s popular for its low fees, numerous order types, and security features that best suit experienced traders with an active trading profile.
How does Bittrex tax reporting work?
If you’re looking for a Bittrex tax report, you’re in the right place. There’s no way to get such a tax report directly from Bittrex. However, you can use Accointing’s Bittrex calculator and Bittrex portfolio tracker to analyze your transaction history, calculate your Bittrex taxes and generate a tax report in the format specific to your country’s requirements.
First, you need to connect your account and import your Bittrex transaction and trade history into Accointing; there are several ways to do it:
- API - automatic and auto-syncing connection between Bittrex and Accointing
- CSV - export of transaction history from Bittrex and import into Accointing
- Accointing template - download our template, fill, and upload your data
Integrate with Accointing via the Bittrex API
The Bittrex API offers an easier way to integrate with Accointing. To connect your Bittrex account with Accointing, follow this simple guide:
- Login to your Bittrex account and navigate to the “Account” menu at the top right corner.
- Select “API Keys” on the left side vertical menu, then click the “Add new key” option.
- Specify the API key name, and turn on the “Read-only” toggle button.
- Click the save button and complete the 2F authentication.
- Finally, copy the API key and secret.
- Login to your Accointing account.
- Hover over the “Wallets” menu and select “Add Wallet.”
- On the next window, click “Exchange,” then search for Bittrex in the search input field.
- Select Bittrex from search results, choose the recommended automatic integration and click the continue button.
- On the next window, enter your wallet name, then paste the API key and secret key to their respective input fields.
- If you need to set the date from where the import should happen, click the date icon to select it.
- Click save to complete the integration.
API supported features:
- Trades and fees
API unsupported features:
- Margin trades
- Staking rewards
Integrate with Accointing via the Bittrex CSV/XLSX file
To achieve this, follow this simple guideline:
Downloading CSV files from Bittrex
- Login to your Bittrex profile
- Click on “Orders” in the top right corner.
- Click the “Download complete history.”
- If you need to specify the start date, click the date icon to choose.
- Click the download button to obtain the file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
You’ll also need to obtain your withdrawals and deposits CSV file. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the footer menu at the bottom of the Bittrex website.
- Click the “Support” menu item to redirect to the support page.
- Click the “Submit a request” button and select the “General support request” option from the dropdown.
- Enter your account email address and subject line. Make sure you’ve specified in the description that you need a history of your deposits and withdrawals in CSV format.
- Login to Accointing and select the “Add wallet” option from the “Wallet” menu.
- Click the “Wallet” option, search for “Bittrex,” then click it from the search result.
- Click the file import option and then continue.
- Click the respective file import option for trades, deposits, and withdrawals, each time select the required CSV file.
- Under the “Import from” option, select all and set the desired start date.
- Click save to start importing the data.
How to review and track your Bittrex transactions in Accointing
- After importing Bittrex transactions, proceed to the Accointing dashboard to view your portfolio summary.
- Select the relevant start and end dates to analyze your Bittrex performance history, profits, and losses.
- View and click the various cryptocurrency assets to analyze your buy and sell dates. You’ll also be able to pick more than one asset concurrently to make a performance comparison for selected dates.
- You can now keep track of your Bittrex investments portfolio, distribution, and spread. Also, find out which assets are in what wallets or exchanges.
Common issues with importing transactions from Bittrex
Accointing is smart at generating tax reports from your crypto trades. But to do that, it needs all your transactions data from Bittrex. One of the challenges of obtaining your deposits and withdrawals data is requesting from customer support. It’s not readily accessible, and the support team usually takes time before responding.