Uphold is an exchange platform that makes it easy to buy and sell major digital currencies, precious metals, and US equities. With more than 130 cryptocurrencies, it allows users both novices and experts to trade digital assets at reduced fees.
How does Uphold tax reporting work?
Looking for an Uphold tax report? You've come to the right place. While Uphold doesn't offer this type of report, Accounting's Uphold calculator and portfolio tracker can analyze your transaction and trades history, calculate your taxes, and generate a report in the format required by your country.
To use Accointing, you must first connect your account and import your Uphold transaction and trade history. This can be done in a few different ways:
- API – Grant Accointing automatic access and sync to your Uphold account and transactions.
- CSV – Export the transaction history data from Upholad and upload it into Accointing.
- Accointing template – download and fill out our template then upload it to Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the Uphold API
Accointing offers a simple way of connecting to Uphold through the API. There’s no copying of API key and secret key, instead, they’re copied directly without being displayed to beef up security.
- Login to your Accointing account.
- Hover over the Wallets menu, and click on Add wallet.
- In the search input, enter Uphold and select it from the list.
- Next, select the Automatic option recommended and click continue.
- Specify the wallet name as Uphold.
- Select All from the ‘Import from’ dropdown to allow Accointing to sync all your transactions data.
- Click Connect with Uphold.
- On the next page, click Authorize.
- Key in your email and password to log in to Uphold if you’re not already logged in.
- Click Authorize to integrate Uphold with Accointing.
API supported features:
API unsupported features:
Integrate with Accointing via the Uphold CSV/XLSX file
If you don’t want to link your Uphold account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple guide to go about it.
Downloading CSV files from Uphold
- Log in to your Uphold account.
- On the left vertical icon menu, click the Activity tab.
- In the Activity panel, click the Document icon.
- On the new popup, click the Generate Report button.
- Login to the email linked to your Uphold account to download the CSV file.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Log in to your Accointing account.
- Hover over Wallets’ menu to select Add wallet.
- Key in Uphold in the search input field and click on it from the list.
- Select the File import option then click Continue.
- Specify the wallet name as Uphold.
- Browse the CSV file then select it for upload.
- Select “All” from the Import from option to upload all your data. You can also specify the date range if necessary.
- Click the Save button to begin the import.
How to review and track your Uphold transactions in Accointing
- Once through with importing Uphold transaction history data, go to your Accointing dashboard to view the summary of your portfolio.
- Choose the applicable date range to start analyzing your Uphold performance history, gains, and losses.
- Click the different crypto assets to view and analyze your buy and sell dates. You can also choose multiple assets concurrently to compare performance for selected dates.
- You’re all set. Track your Uphold investments portfolio, distribution, and spread. Learn where each asset is stored, whether in exchanges or wallets.
Common issues with importing transactions from Uphold
When you connect with Uphold API, you’ll notice that the airdrops and forks are excluded. To get a more accurate report, you need to upload them manually if they’re not so many. Alternatively, you can simply use the CSV upload option to ensure all your data is imported.