Scroll Down for Bitpanda Integration Video Tutorial ⏬
Bitpanda is an intuitive exchange platform that makes it easier to buy, sell, store, or swap more than 20 crypto assets and precious metals. The platform is popular for its commission-free stocks, which makes it Austria’s and Europe’s most popular crypto platforms.
How does Bitpanda tax reporting work?
If you want to find out how much tax you owe on your Bitpanda earnings, you've come to the right place. Unfortunately, Bitpanda does not provide a tax report service. Our Bitpanda calculator and portfolio tracker will help you analyze your trades and transaction history. You can also calculate your taxes, and generate a tax report in the format required by your country.
To achieve this, you need to link your Bitpanda account with Accointing, then import trades and transactions. Here are the various ways you can do that:
- API – enable automatic synching integration between Accointing and Bitpanda.
- CSV - Retrieve your Bitpanda transactions in a CSV file and upload it into Accointing.
- Accointing template – fill out our simple template with your data then upload it into Accointing.
Integrate with Accointing via the Bitpanda API
- Login to your Bitpanda account.
- On the top right corner, click on the panda icon.
- Choose API Key and on the next page, specify a name for the API key, such as Accointing.
- Ensure the balance and transaction checkboxes under Scope, are checked.
- Click on Generate new API key.
- Copy the API key and keep them safe for later use.
- Proceed to log in to your Accointing account.
- Under the Wallets menu, click on Add wallet.
- Select the Automatic option then click Continue.
- Next, enter Bitpanda as the wallet name.
- Copy and paste the API key into its respective input field.
- Choose All under the Import from the dropdown.
- Click Save to initiate the integration.
- Now Accointing will be able to read your transaction data automatically as required.
API supported features:
API unsupported features:
Integrate with Accointing via the Bitpanda CSV/XLSX file
If you don’t want to link your Bitpanda account with Accointing using the API, you can also do so by importing a CSV file containing your history of trades, withdrawals, and deposits. Here is a simple guide to go about it.
Downloading CSV files from Bitpanda
- Login to your Bitpanda account.
- In the top right corner, click on the panda profile icon.
- Choose History.
- In the top right corner, click on Transaction history.
- Click on Download CSV.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Login to Accointing and click Add wallet option under the Wallet menu.
- In the search input, enter Bitpanda and click on it from the list.
- Click on the File import option then click Continue.
- Enter Bitpanda as your wallet name.
- Browse the location of the CSV file.
- Choose All in the Import from the dropdown. You can also set a date range if you want to.
- Click Save to begin the import.
How to review and track your Bitpanda transactions in Accointing
- Once done with importing your transactions from Bitpanda, go to your Accointing dash to view a summary of your portfolio.
- Set the desired date range to start analyzing your transaction history, gains, and losses.
- View and choose different crypto assets to start reviewing your buy and sell dates. You can also choose multiple assets at a go to compare performance for the selected dates.
- Everything’s set to start monitoring your Bitpanda investment portfolio, distribution and spread. View the different storage locations for your assets, whether kept in exchange or wallet.
Common issues with importing transactions from Bitpanda
After integrating Bitpanda through API, some users may notice that the Bitpanda index isn’t synced properly. In such a case, it’s advisable to reach out to Bitpanda customer support to get the index in sync as required.
Also, Bitpanda doesn’t allow exporting all transactions into CSV files. This may cause issues when importing the file. If you encounter this challenge, request a complete transaction history CSV from customer support.