ByBit is a renowned crypto trading platform offering advanced tools and engines to allow traders to buy, sell, and exchange cryptocurrencies. The platform uses spot and derivatives and provides a cold wallet system for guaranteed security. Users can enjoy up to 100 times leverage on Bitcoin.
How does ByBit tax reporting work?
If you’re looking for a ByBit tax report, you’re in the right place. There’s no way to get such a tax report directly from ByBit. However, you can use Accointing’s ByBit calculator and ByBit portfolio tracker to analyze your transaction history, calculate your ByBit taxes and generate a tax report in the format specific to your country’s requirements.
First, you need to connect your account and import your ByBit transaction and trade history into Accointing; there are several ways to do it:
- CSV - export of transaction history from ByBit and import into Accointing
- Accointing template - download our template, fill, and upload your data
Integrate with Accointing via the ByBit API
Accointing is currently working on the API integration with ByBit. Therefore, the only possible way of integrating Accointing with ByBit is by importing a CSV file with transaction history.
Integrate with Accointing via the ByBit CSV file
ByBit allows users to download their transactions history for spot and derivatives accounts. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do it and import your data to Accointing.
Downloading CSV files from ByBit
- Login to your ByBit account.
- On the top right corner, hover over the Orders menu and click “Spot Order.”
- Under Spot Account, select the Order History option on the left-hand vertical menu.
- Under the spot pair dropdown, select “All” and do the same for direction, order type, and order status.
- On the order time calendar, select the start and end date. Then click search.
- Once the data is listed, click the “Export” button at the top right corner of the page.
- Repeat the process with Trade History to export a CSV file of your trades.
- On the left-hand vertical menu, under Derivatives Account, select Order History.
- Repeat the procedure to export your derivatives order history.
- Once done, click the Trade History menu item and select the contracts dropdown to choose a pair.
- Under the Filled Type, select “All” then specify the timeframe to choose a suitable date.
- Click the search button and then export.
Importing CSV files into Accointing
- Login to Accointing and select the “Add wallet” option from the “Wallet” menu.
- Click the “Wallet” option, and search for “ByBit ” in the search input field.
- Select ByBit, then specify the wallet name as Bybit. Click the File import option and browse the location of your CSV files.
- Choose “All” from the import option and specify the date to match your CSV file’s start and end dates.
- Click the save button to start the import. Repeat the process for the remaining CSV files until done with importing.
How to review and track your ByBit transactions in Accointing
- After importing ByBit transactions, proceed to the Accointing dashboard to view your portfolio summary.
- Select the relevant start and end dates to analyze your ByBit performance history, profits, and losses.
- View and click the various cryptocurrency assets to analyze your buy and sell dates. You’ll also be able to pick more than one asset concurrently to make a performance comparison for selected dates.
- You can now keep track of your total ByBit investments portfolio, distribution, and spread. Also, find out which assets are in what wallets or exchanges.
Common issues with importing transactions from ByBit
The process of downloading the CSV files from ByBit is a little complicated. You have to download the order and trade histories for spot and derivative accounts.